We at devcom GmbH have made it our mission to offer a welcoming, oppression- and harassment-free experience for everyone at our digital and physical activities and events.
In dedication to positive experiences all participants, speakers, exhibitors, sponsors, volunteers, attendees, and guests are expected to follow this code of conduct:
Everyone who attends any of devcom’s digital and physical activities and events remains mindful of and takes responsibility for their speech and behavior. This includes:
- Prioritizing the expression of people who are systemically marginalized in tech and game spaces, especially those who are gender-marginalized and/or racialized and upholding a safe, judgment-free, confidential space for that expression.
- Actively listening to others and not dominating discussions.
- Respecting physical and emotional boundaries. Always ask before touching and check before discussing topics that may be triggering.
- Not making assumptions about any individual’s identity, experiences or pronouns.
- Not using words that are racist, sexist, homophobic, classist, transphobic, cissexist, ageist or ableist.
- Humbly accepting respectful correction (or correcting yourself!), keeping in mind that the impact of your words on other people is more important than your intent.
We do not tolerate racism, sexism, physical or verbal violence, religious or political extremism, violations of youth protection or the demonstration or performance of explicit sexual content, oppressive behaviors, harassment or exclusionary actions of participants, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, attendees, and guests in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate at any time. Anyone violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from digital and physical activities and events without a refund at the discretion of the organizers or staff.
Examples of these actions include:
Oppressive behaviors: any conduct that demeans, marginalizes, rejects, threatens, or harms anyone on the basis of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, identity, background, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, political views or age. This includes publicly sympathizing with hate groups or endorsing political beliefs that contradict our values; deliberate misgendering, using inappropriate pronouns, or use of deadnames.
Harassment includes offensive violent, intimidating or physically threatening behaviors, as well as verbal comments related to gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, political views or age, or other protected class status, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, aggressive, slanderous, derogatory, or threatening comments online or in person, repeated or sustained private communication after requests to cease, publication of non-harassing private communication (including audio or video recordings and screenshots of direct messages and closed chats), stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention (this includes sexualized comments or jokes; inappropriate touching, groping, and unwelcome sexual advances).
Exclusionary actions: denying certain participants opportunities to share views, skills and other contributions; engaging in favoritism; and creating or reinforcing an inequitable learning environment.
Anyone, including sponsors, asked to stop any unacceptable behaviors is expected to comply immediately.
Exception: Discussion or images related to sex, pornography, discriminatory language, or similar is welcome if it meets all the following criteria:
- the organizers have specifically granted permission in writing,
- it is necessary to the topic of discussion and no alternative exists,
- it is presented in a respectful manner, especially towards gender, sex, and minoritized people,
- attendees are warned in advance in the program and respectfully given ample warning and opportunity to leave beforehand.
This exception specifically does not allow use of gratuitous sexual images as attention-getting devices or unnecessary examples. These requirements extend to advertisements related to the event, material from sponsors, and distributed at the event.
If a participant engages in an unacceptable behaviors, the organizers or staff may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender, expulsion from the conference with no refund, or notifying law enforcements.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all digital and physical activities and events, offline venues, and any related digital and physical social events, including onsite and offsite events that may be private or public. The devcom team reserve the right to remove anyone who does not comply.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact Astrid Gooding on +49(0)170 3040354 (or firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time, or fill in the anonymous form.
Volunteers are not equipped or trained to manage reports.
We value your efforts to help us in creating safer, welcoming, oppression and harassment-free spaces for everyone.